Dear AP Biology Teachers,
With the NEW College Board AP Biology Curriculum Framework, we’re sure you’re eager to know how the new 9th Edition of Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Edition meets the course redesign requirements.
Working with Fred and Theresa Holtzclaw, Pearson is pleased to provide a number of documents that will help with this task:
Letter from Fred and Theresa Holtzclaw about the course redesign and Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Edition. (This letter provides context for the documents listed below).
- Overview - Overview of how Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Edition addresses the Big Ideas as outlined for the course redesign.
- Correlation - Summary correlation showing where the required Curriculum Framework concepts are addressed in Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Edition
- Summary Outline - Summary outline of where the Curriculum Framework topics are covered in Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Edition
- Detailed TOC - Detailed Table of Contents for Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Edition with highlights showing where each of the Curriculum Framework concepts are covered in the text
You also may access additional correlation documentation for Campbell BIOLOGY AP* Edition, 9th Editionon the College Board website: 9th Edition, 8th Edition, and 7th Edition.
We hope you find this information useful. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back frequently for updates!
Your Pearson AP Biology Team
P.S. Fred and Theresa Holtzclaw presented "Help Your Students Succeed in AP Biology" workshop at NABT 2012! Check out the following:
Also New to This Edition
- Updated content to reflect the most recent scientific discoveries.
- New AP Preface includes a guide that correlates the text to the current AP Biology Exam, as well as study and test-taking tips for students.
- All new interviews with leading biologists and scientists.
- Updated, modern design makes it more accessible and visually appealing.
- An completely updated Student Media CD-ROM (included with every new Student Edition) allows students with no Internet access to leverage some of the valuable digital tools available for this program.
- Fully revised teacher and student supplements, everything you need to ensure success in class and on the AP Biology Exam.
- Introducing the Active Reading Guide for Campbell BIOLOGY 9e by Fred and Theresa Holtzclaw. Designed to be used side-by-side with the text, the Active Reading Guide helps students easily identify what is most important in each chapter and provides them with the tools to actively reflect on what they’ve learned. Answers will be available in the Instructor Area of MasteringBiology.com.
THE BEST IN SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
MasteringBiology™—New Online Learning and Assessment Platform
For the first time ever, six-year access to MasteringBiology with Pearson eText is provided upon adoption of the Student Edition. This Web-based, self-study homework and tutorial system is correlated to the text, offering teachers and students a powerful, interactive way to encourage and ensure learning. It provides all the great student and teacher digital assets you are used to accessing on the Campbell Biology Companion Web Site, and so much more. Use as much or as little as you want!
- The Study Area in MasteringBiology includes BioFlix 3-D animations, new activities, practice tests and cumulative tests, and more.
- A complete eText of the Student Edition with powerful interactive and customization functions.
- Personalized coaching and feedback through assignable, self-paced tutorials with answer-specific feedback and hints.
- Large library of exercises in a variety of formats--all calibrated in difficulty and duration and automatically graded. You can build your own course using these questions, or import your own.
- Robust gradebook functionality provides easy-to-interpret insights into student performance—ideal for demonstrating assessment outcomes.
For more information on this powerful tool—including product overview videos, how-to demonstrations, efficacy studies, and much more—visit www.MasteringBiology.comor contact your Pearson sales representative.
Teachers may demo this powerful tool, including the complete eText—by registering for access at www.pearsonschool.com/access_request(choose option 4 and complete the online form).